Thursday, March 9, 2023

I've spent several days considering how to proceed with this next entry.  While I am disturbed by the outcome, I felt it necessary to share my thoughts.  I hope this opens your eyes to the "you get what you pay for" analogy.

Last Spring, I was informed by my daughter that there was going to be a formal Spring dance at school.  It was going to be her first dance, and I considered how to make it special for her.  Since I have been a wedding and club DJ for over 20 years, I thought I'd approach her staff coordinater and offer my services.  And, to make sure I got the gig, I offered it for free, so that my daughter would get the best result possible, and I could show the school what the could get in the future... first a little back ground: Several years ago, I did a 6th grade dance at the same school.  That one was also "pro bono", thinking they would always chose my company for every dance.

The kids LOVED it, and talked about it for weeks.  That fell onto deaf ears, however, when the school continued to hire "lowest bid" DJ entertainment for the years that followed.  Back to last Spring... I provided a full blown "Stage Show" for my daughters first dance.  Here's what they got:  \

 


No comments:

Post a Comment